Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Job

My job sucks.

I know, almost everyone says that, but to say that my job sucks would actually be an understatement.  The things I have witnessed and experienced there shouldn't be happening, yet no one cares enough to stop it. I care.

My boss strongly dislikes me. He can say he has nothing personal against me until he's blue in the face but I, as well as the majority of my coworkers, know he personally hates me. It's not because I am a poor employee - I am one of the most intelligent, most rounded, hardest working people at my job.  I have no problem saying that I am more intelligent than he is - and I think deep down he knows that. I also don't sit there and take shit like everyone else does.  He hates that. He hates when I answer him back. He hates when I prove him wrong. He wants everyone to just sit there and yes him until he's satisfied. Sorry, I'm not that kind of person. I go right back at him. If I'm not satisfied with what he does, I go above his head.  He thinks he's hurting me by constantly demoting me. He tells me all the time that I need this job and that I need him. I'm sorry, but the only person I "need" is myself. I will never be in a position to need a man, or any person for that matter. I work not because I need the money, but because I need something to do in my spare time.

I've been stalked by a manager, told I was mentally ill, had my personal health information disclosed on more than one occasion to associates who had no business knowing that information, been lied about, had numerous letters written about me that targeted at me and my close friends, been told to work off the clock, and I've even been framed by a manager. What is my job's response? Demote ME, even after it's been proven that I didn't do anything.

Someone asked me a few days ago why everyone was always trying to attack me. I of course don't know the real answer, and probably never will. Are they threatened by my intelligence? Are they scared that I know too much about them?  Who knows. Like I said before, I work because I need something to do to prevent boredom. I'm not out to get anybody, yet they are all out to get me.

Today, my boss cursed out the assistant manager in front of other associates and customers. He told him he was "fucking stupid" amongst other things. In any other professional place of business, this wouldn't be tolerated. Yet my boss is allowed to do whatever he wants, and no one reports him because he claims he's untouchable. No one is untouchable. People have to know the right places to go and the right people to speak to. Eventually his ass will get what it deserves.

1 comment: